“The Next Big Thing” vs. What Already Works
Social media has emerged as the “next big thing.” There’s certainly a lot to like but be sure that you go after a new channel of advertising because there’s value, a path to revenue and a solid set of tactics that fit with your overall strategy, not just because it’s in the press all the time.
Social media is great for:
- Connecting with your users (assuming they’re already on social media platforms and talking about you)
- Building another means for communication, branding & messaging
But it can’t do what search engine optimization/SEO does:
- Gain visibility from next to all Internet users with an interest in your brand/product/sector/content at once
And if you’re ignoring other important ground rules of online marketing, like:
- Building a website with an exclusive value proposition
- Creating remarkably useful content that people want to share
- Finding ways to acquire new users & retain existing ones
You should probably refocus and concentrate on those first. DDA is the right place to turn for those services ranging from website design and development, webcasts, print design, etc. We have a team of degreed professionals that are ready to review your needs and wants in order to help you achieve realistic results.