1. Care about deadlines. Many people are very lax about deadlines. You have to be very serious about meeting them, and make them a priority.
DDA cares about deadlines. We will do everything in our power to meet a deadline.
2. Keep a list of projects & deadlines. Write them down, and have one place that you check often to make sure you know whats due and when.
DDA has a system of checks and balances to ensure that everyone is aware of a looming deadline. First, is the project coordinator. They are ultimately responsible for the project and the path that it follows. Second, is those involved with a project. Everyone who is working on a project is made aware of any deadlines and responsible for meeting them.
3. Communicate a clear deadline. If the client doesnt give you a deadline, you need to ask for one.
When a deadline is unknown, both parties end up surprised in the end. A client could be expecting something sooner than you plan on having it completed. Hopefully you experience the opposite and complete the project before the client is expecting it. But to avoid any surprise or disappointment setting a deadline is always the best way to go.
4. Have a clear outcome. You and the client should both agree on a clearly defined outcome.
DDA is not shy. We will ask questions if we are unclear on something. In the end, we want our clients to be satisfied.
5. Communicate with each step.
Once a step is completed, DDA will send the completed step to our client if possible. Sure, it wont look like a completed project, but it allows us to show that were making progress, to keep ourselves on track, and it also allows our clients to provide feedback along the way. Better to know early on if we are headed in the wrong direction than at the end of the project.
DDA is proud of the work we do and we want our clients to be proud as well. We will strive to meet deadlines. If something is unobtainable we will let our client know. We will not sugar coat things and make everything seem okay. At the same time we will do everything in our power to meet a deadline. Whether you partner with us for a video, animation, website, postcard, or brochure we will aim to please.
Entry by: Crystal