This morning Toni who works with New Business Development and is also one of our copywriters requested that I prepare a job description. Not something I’m requested to do everyday. So, hmm.. what I’d really like to say is that I oversee all graphic design development and spend my day delegating work so that I can take the afternoon off to go shopping. I’d probably get fired for that though. So, here goes.
Job Title: Lead Graphic Designer
• meet with clients to discuss their business needs and clarify design issues.
• produce visual solutions to the communication needs of clients.
• think creatively to produce new ideas.
• use a wide range of media, including photography, computer-aided design programs and illustration (both hand-drawn and computer-aided).
• contribute to design critiques and develop innovative ideas for other graphic designers, multimedia designers, photographers, and animators.
• keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs and awareness of current fashions in the visual arts with a working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all which can impact on a design.
• produce accurate and high quality work.
• work well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other graphic designers, project coordinators, interactive media and marketing specialists.
• work within tight deadlines.